Module III: Hip, Pelvis & Lumbar Spine
Module I is a required prerequisite for Pilates, Gyrotonic Instructors, Yoga Instructors, Massage Therapists, Dance Educators and all other non healthcare providers.
The following licensed health care providers (PT, MD, DO ATC, DC) are welcome to take the Modules in any order.
April 28-29, 2016
Upon completion of this program, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the anatomy, biomechanics and pathomechanics of common injuries in dancers at the hip, pelvis and lumbar spine.
- Identify typical presentations of commonly seen injuries/conditions including predisposing and precipitating factors, diagnostic presentation, typical interventions and prevention.
- Apply effective intervention strategies to typical injuries/conditions at the hip, pelvis and lumbar spine in dancers including exercise, motor control, technique re-education, myofascial release, taping and use of supports.
- For those licensed to do graded passive movement at the joints: Apply effective intervention strategies to typical injuries/conditions at the hip, pelvis and lumbar spine in dancers including joint mobilization/ Grade V movements.
- Improve observational skills with a focus on the biomechanics of the hip, pelvis and lumbar spine and integrate this skill into intervention programs for the performing dancer.
Thursday April 28, 2016
8:30-10:00 Anatomy/Physiology & Pathology: Lumbar Spine, Pelvis and Sacrum
10:15-1:00 Lab: Assessment of the Lumbar Spine, Pelvis and Sacrum
2:00-3:30 Lab: Assessment of the Lumbar Spine, Pelvis and Hip
3:45-5:30 Lab: Assessment of the Lumbar Spine, Pelvis and Hip
Friday April 29, 2016
8:30-9:00 Lab: Assessment of the Lumbar Spine, Pelvis and Hip
9:00-10:30 Hip: Movement Assessment/Retraining
10:45-12:15 Hip: Movement Assessment/Retraining
1:15-2:15 Lumbar Spine: Movement Dysfunction and Retraining
2:30-3:45 Stick Class